Monday, January 24

Jan. 24 worst day of the year

Well, it wasn't a bad day for me. It was busy and pretty frantic at work. I was sucked into the laptop vortex from 7:30am to 6:00pm, I only emerged to get a sandwich at noon and a green tea at 3pm. I missed the almost 70 degree weather outside.

Overall it could have been a lot worse. I picked up the handle of a pan that had been in the oven yesterday. Last night I thought I had burned the skin on my left palm and spent several hours desperately grasping ice packs in an attempt to stop the pain; it was a balance between searing heat pain from the burn and pain numbing frozen pain. I fell asleep high-fiving an icepack on my pillow, either I was going to blister from the burn or lose a finger to frost bite. I woke up this morning and my hand looked a little bit branded in places, no pain, no blisters and no swelling. I've never seen anything like it.

No comments: