Thursday, March 17

It's St Paddy's Day!!!!

Happy St Patrick's Day, also known as St Paddy's Day.

I only have one pet peeve to note.  It is St Paddy's Day, not St Patty's Day, grrrr, I hate it when people say St Patty's Day.
~ * ~
Paddy is a masculine given name, and a common diminutive for Patrick or Pádraig.
Paddy (in British English) is a common slang term for an Irishman.
It only makes sense that today is St Paddy's Day.

~ * ~
Patty is a feminine name and a common diminutive for Patricia.  Today is not St Patty's Day!
Peppermint Patty is a girl!
~ * ~

Okay, I'll get off my crotchety old lady box and go drink a Bailey's while I wait for the corned beef cooking in the crock pot!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

oh, makes me want to buy some Bailey's right now! What is the difference in pronunciation between Patty and Paddy?