Monday, November 1

Get a job!

I've just spent an hour playing solitaire on my PDA - I think I'm addicted. Wonder if there is a 10 step program? I thought about removing it, but then I'd just play Freecell. I used to think I was addicted to Freecell, but I don't play it so much now. They say Freecell is more difficult that Solitaire because you can see all the cards so it's game of skill, not chance. My Freecell win-rate is over 50%, so I moved to Solitaire because of the chance...my win rate is only 7% :-) but I'm working on it!

I had an iPod moment earlier...found myself singing at the top of my voice to Ultravox - it made me laugh. I thought of the marketing advertisement to the baby boomer crowd. It's an 80's song, the silhouette is slightly overweight and wearing relaxed jeans. The image is not cool like Bono in his iPod ad, the dancing is awkward and more Gary Newman-like...and after 30 seconds they have to sit down and wipe sweat off their brow. The final scene shows them flinging their arthritis pain killers across the kitchen counter...the final caption "Better than drugs" or "don't forget your vitamins" or "get your own"....

Guess I should send out some resumes and get a job!

No comments: